Free kiln in Arden, North Carolina


From Hank Goodman:

I will be moving from my studio and need to remove my gas kiln from the outbuilding. I'll be scaling down and learning to fire cone 6 electric. I'll include the 2 Ward burners, ($1500 ea. new) and the oxygen probe upon removal of the fiber, steel and bricks.

ABOUT THE KILN:

The roof is made from 12" x 12" x 10" high, 2800 degree fiber blocks. These are suspended with 1/4" Stainless bolts and with care could be salvaged for rebuilding a flat top kiln. The walls are made with 10" of fiber in 4 layers pinned with pins of my own design, (My pin design is easy and works better than those commercially available). This kiln has about 60 cubic feet of stacking space. With careful salvage, a kiln of 25 to 40 cubic feet of stacking space could be constructed. Some new materials would be needed but the savings could be significant.

Hank Goodman
18 Rockwood Lane, Arden NC 28704
828-458-1478
Email preferred; hgstoneware@gmail.com






Comments